"Really to see where you've come from, you have to go someplace else. Otherwise you wouldn't understand that the world didn't finish at the end of your street." MICK JONES
"I called myself Joe Strummer because I can only play all six strings at once, or none at all."JOE STRUMMER
or the way I feel to conform to anything.
I've always been a freak.
So I've been a freak all my life
and I have to live with that, you know.
I'm one of those people."
Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
Let me come home
- Do you remember that day you fell outta my window?
- I sure do, you came jumping out after me.
- Well, you fell on the concrete, nearly broke your ass, you were bleeding all over the place and I rushed out to the hospital, you remember that?
- Yes I do.
- Well there's something I never told you about that night.
- What didn't you tell me?
- While you were sitting in the backseat smoking a cigarette you thought was gonna be your last, I was falling deep, deeply in love with you, and I never told you til just now.
If you got the money - Jamie T
Sounding like a strangely compelling mix of The Kooks and Bob Marley, Jamie T fell into the shortlived resurgence of a genre of indie music generally from South London called "Thamesbeat". If You Got The Money was the lead single from his impressive debut album, Panic Prevention. Featuring only an acoustic guitar and a reggae style rap combined with bubbly, carefree lyrics, it was essentially the most effortlessly feel-good song to come out of 2007. You just can't help but sing along, even if you can't keep up.